"I learned that in order to get results, you have to get the people to believe in the power that they have."
Before you submitt your application please make sure you meet the following requirements:
* Must be a person of color
* 18 years or oldder
* Must attend a Community Action Training. To check dates click here.
Individuals are confirmed by CTWO as MAAP applicants only upon receiving:
* A completed MAAP application (see application below)
**Note that MAAP applicants are required to attend a CAT training as part of the application process. We suggest that you contact Marilyn Duran, Program Associate (firstname.lastname@example.org) to save your space if interested in MAAP.**
MAAP 2013 Applications are due by May 31st, 2013, and decisions will be made by early June
MAAP 2013 Application
Answer the following questions (typed or clearly printed) in no more than 3 pages and submit them to CTWO. Email submissions are prefered but snail mail and fax applications are also accepted. Please address to Marilyn Duran, Program Associate.
Email: email@example.com (Attach document to email)
Mail: 900 Alice Street, Suite 300, Oakland, CA 94607
Fax: (510) 433 0908
MAAP APPLICATION FORM
Are you being nominated by an organization? If yes, indicate name of organization:
Current Address (including city, state, & zip code):
Permanent Address (if different):
Date of Birth:
School and/or organizational affiliation and position:
Race/ethnicity and gender indentity:
Language(s) (other than English):
If yes, rate your ability in speaking and writing: limited, intermediate, or advanced.
Do you have a valid driver’s license*?
* Not Required. Some host sites may require transportation via car.
Answer the following:
1. What type of work do you want to pursue in the future and why?
2. Describe in detail your current and past involvement with labor, community, religious/spiritual, political, social justice, and other groups.
3. Describe a time/experience in your life when you have displayed leadership.
4. What in your life experience has influenced your views of social change and your desire to become an organizer?
5. What do you hope to gain by participating in MAAP? Describe which skill areas you hope to most develop.
6. List any computer & technological skills/experience.
How did you hear about MAAP?
Name three references and their contact information:
Is your organization interested in hosting a MAAP intern for its summer campaign? To learn about what it means as a host organization contact Karissa Lewis, Senior Field Organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org or 510 201 0080 x101
*note that there is a shared cost between CTWO & the host orgainization.